Kalama School District is pleased to announce the launch of a new preschool program for children ages 3-5. Opening on January 31, 2022 at Kalama Elementary School, Little Nooks Preschool is a fully inclusive program and will serve children of all abilities.
The fee-based program will be offered twice a day (morning/afternoon), four days a week (M-Tu-Th-Fri.). Teachers in the program will utilize hands-on activities and fun learning exercises to help prepare children socially and academically for Kindergarten.
“We know there is a real need for early childhood development and Kindergarten readiness in Southwest Washington and across the state, so we are beyond thrilled to be able to launch Little Nooks here in Kalama,” said Eric Nerison, Superintendent of Kalama School District. “It’s an added bonus that we’ll be able to run the program inside the elementary school, because those kids will already be familiar with the building when they transition to Kindergarten.”
Registration forms will be available on the Kalama School District website, www.kalamaschools.org, beginning on Wednesday, January 5. Space will be limited.
Interested families are encouraged to fill out a Little Nooks Family Interest Form to receive priority consideration.
- Little Nooks Preschool is a Kalama-based inclusive preschool program where all children, regardless of ability, attend school and learn together
- To be eligible, children must be between the ages of 3-5
- Located at Kalama Elementary School - First Floor, across from the Main Office
- First day: January 31, 2022; registration opens January 5, 2022
- The program is offered four days per week: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Morning session: 8:30 to 11:15 a.m.
- Afternoon session: 12:15 to 3 p.m.
- Inclusive model promotes higher outcomes in social skills and kindergarten readiness for children of all abilities
- Transportation is not provided (parent drop-off and pick-up required)
- Standard fee for a session is $300/month (families may be able to qualify for a reduced rate)
For more information, please contact Kalama Elementary School at 360-673-5207.