Summer Learning Resources
Looking for some resources to help your student continue learning during the summer? Here are 20 general education (K-12) websites to check out (listed in alphabetical order):
- ABC Mouse - Subscription-based digital education program for children ages 2–8 (use code SCHOOL7983).
- ABCYA – A variety of educational games for K-5.
- Accelerated Reader - Helps teachers track students’ independent practice and progress with reading.
- Author Read Alouds and Activities - A list of children’s book authors doing online read-alouds & activities.
- Calculation Nation - Web-based game for students from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics.
- Code Academy: Take a quiz to tell them what you want to learn, and they'll direct you to the right lesson. Free and pro versions.
- Code.org: Learn computer science: Free coding courses at no cost. No account needed.
- Education.com - Summer fun activities, games, and printables.
- Khan Academy - Offers practice exercises, instructional videos and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace.
- Libby: An app for Apple and Android devices that gives access to local libraries' ebooks and audiobooks.
- Math Anywhere: Has how-to videos of math games for caregivers, and includes printables with a variety of open-ended math games.
- Mystery Science - Free, easy science for remote learning.
- National Geographic for Kids - Fun ways to explore the world with weird, wild, and wacky videos.
- Open Middle: Challenging math problems worth solving for every grade level. Includes hints and answers.
- PBS for Parents - Simple tips for summer math learning.
- Robert Kaplinsky Lessons: Fun and challenging math lessons for all grades.
- Scholastic Learn At Home: Day-by-day projects to keep students learning. Every day includes four separate learning experiences.
- Scratch: Create stories, games and animations to share with others around the world.
- Storyline Online - Children's literacy website providing free storytelling videos and resources for parents and teachers to foster a love of reading in children.
- Storytime from Space - Videos of astronauts reading books to the children of Earth.